A New Tune A Day for Acoustic Guitar Book 1
Since it first appeared in the 1930s, the concise, clear content of the best-selling A Tune A Day series has revolutionised music-making in the classroom and the home.
Now, for the first time, C Paul Herfurth's original books have been completely rewritten with new music and the latest instrumental technique for a new generation of musicians. The A New Tune A Day books have the same logical, gentle pace, and keen attention to detail, but with a host of innovations: the inclusion of a DVD and an audio CD - with actual performances and backing tracks - will make practice even more fun and exciting, and the explanatory diagrams and photographs will help the student to achieve the perfect technique and tone.
This book contains:
- Advice on equipment
- Instructions for an effective technique and a comfortable posture
- Easy-to-follow section on reading music
- Demonstration DVD introducing basic techniques and notation
- Audio CD with a virtuoso performance, backing tracks and audio examples
- Great music including duets
- Tests to check progress and comprehension
- Useful pull-out chart giving note positions and common chords
The accompanying audio CD features a virtuoso performance and backing track for each pieces, as well as recorded examples to support the lessons.
The DVD edition of this hugely popular series of tutors gets you even closer to your instrument with a set of real music lessons right there on your screen!
The DVD features lessons on:
- Basic techniques
- Putting the instrument together
- Looking after your instrument
- Basic music notation
- How to approach your first piece