Habits of a Successful Choir Director
By Eric Wilkinson and Scott Rush
Habits of a Successful Choir Director presents effective teaching principles and provides a practical approach to everyday issues choir directors face. Building on the successful Habits series, Eric Wilkinson and Scott Rush have created a practical guide to all aspects of a successful choral program, including:
- Program organization and management
- Teaching the components of singing
- Rehearsal strategies and ensemble fundamentals
- Music literacy and repertoire selection
- Strategies for assessment
- The significance of music making
Additional sections address musicianship, classroom management, working with parents and colleagues, the importance of warm-up time, building student leadership, professional development, field trips, fundraising, schoolwide scheduling, developing a mission statement, and quality of life issues.
This is a comprehensive book that will exponentially inspire as teaching skills grow. It will serve as a constant and essential companion throughout the career of any choir director.