On Teaching Band: Notes from Eddie Green
Simply put, Eddie Green is a "living legend" in the band world. There are many in this profession who "conduct, teach, compose, arrange, espouse, " etc., but there is only ONE Eddie Green and, without question, his name is permanently etched in band history. His trademark teaching is evidenced in the evergrowing legion of loyal disciples who represent the finest teachers and educators around the globe.
This remarkable book is an anthology of his many years of developing a treasury of tried-and-true signature rehearsal and performance techniques. It includes:
- An extensive, insightful interview with Eddie Green on his early career and the development of his teaching methods.
- Comprehensive, step-by-step techniques for all aspects of beginning wind instruction.
- Guidelines for organizing a band program.
- Tips on resumes, interviews, and securing a position.
- Practical advice on relationships with administrators, parents and colleagues.