Thumb Position Repertoire (Cello)
Thumb Position Repertoire reinforces thumb position technique through real pieces, arranged for grade 5+ cellists, helping the developing player establish complete confidence with this technique.
The book builds on the foundation laid in Thumb Position for Beginners, presenting rich varied repertoire by composers such as Handel, Tartini, Mozart, Schubert and MacDowell, along with tailor-made original pieces. Simple piano parts have been included throughout.
- A Distant Land (Schumann)
- Adagio Cantabile (Tartini)
- Ave Verum Corpus K.618 (Mozart)
- Lascia Ch'io Pianga (Rinaldo) (Handel)
- Moto Perpetuo (Gout)
- Parting (Legg)
- Planxty Irwin (O Carolan)
- Sarabanda (Tartini)
- Spanish Ladies
- Thema (Piano Sonata K.331) (Mozart)
- To A Wild Rose (Woodland Sketches Op.51) (Macdowell)
- Wiegenlied (Cradle Song) (Schubert)